How to Open Privacy & Security Location Services Programmatically

I'm an iOS mobile developer working on handling location permissions. I've observed that some apps, even recent ones available on the App Store, can automatically navigate to the settings path: Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Location Services when the device's location services are turned off. However, most examples and best practices recommend using UIApplication.openSettingsURLString, which does not meet my requirements. This function only opens the app's specific location permissions, not the device-wide location services toggle.

I'm looking for a way to programmatically open the Privacy & Security -> Location Services settings page directly. Any insights or solutions for achieving this functionality in a compliant and sustainable manner would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm looking for a way to programmatically open the Privacy & Security -> Location Services settings page directly.

There’s no supported way to do that [1]. The story outlined in this post, and the follow ups on that thread, hasn’t changed.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] On iOS and its child platforms. On macOS it’s a different story.

How to Open Privacy & Security Location Services Programmatically

Q