Device on 2.0 Beta 4 not recognized by Xcode as run destination if minimum deployment is >= 2.0

Hi all! I'm new to VisionOS development, so please excuse my inexperience.

I'm trying to run an XCode project generated by Unity Polyspatial (Unity 6 preview, Polyspatial 2.0.0.pre-9) on my Apple Vision Pro, which is running visionOS 2.0 (22N5286g). However, the device doesn't appear in XCode's list of Run destinations unless I lower the visionOS version number in the "minimum deployments" to below 2.0. Lowering to anything below 2 Makes the device appear as a run destination, but the build fails with errors that I assume are due to targeting a lower OS level.

Note that I have been able to successfully build and deploy to my device using a unity-generated Xcode project that only used visionOS 1 features (built off of Unity 2022.3.35f1) -- the issue appears to be specific to when I'm trying to use 2.0 features.

I'm sure I'm just missing something silly here -- why wouldn't the device appear as a valid run target for visionOS 2.0, when the device is decidedly running 2.0?

Answered by TCLemishine in 798276022

Hi all! Quick update here, it turns out that I just needed to use the new Xcode 16 beta with Unity6, rather than the 15.4 release I was using. It build successfully in the beta Xcode!

Accepted Answer

Hi all! Quick update here, it turns out that I just needed to use the new Xcode 16 beta with Unity6, rather than the 15.4 release I was using. It build successfully in the beta Xcode!

Device on 2.0 Beta 4 not recognized by Xcode as run destination if minimum deployment is >= 2.0

Q