Bluetooth nonfunctional after simulator crash.

I had a simulator crash developing bluetooth IOS app on a Sonoma 14.5 M2 MacBook Air.

Since the crash bluetooth on the MacBook Air no longer functions. Systems Settings/Bluetooth Turned on shows:

'My Devices' shows none of the 5+ devices I use 'Nearby Devices' shows constantly searching.

A Bluetooth scanner 'LightBlu" by puchthrough run on a iPhone shows no signal from the Mac Air. I tried deleting: /Users/~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetoothuserd.plist

and then LightBlue could connect for a little while but the System/Settings never change.

What can I do. Should I reinstall the simulator, xCode the system or all the above?

Answered by bicycleguy in 798612022

Fixed ! Deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetoothuserd.plist again and then: sudo pkill -l bluetoothd sudo pkill -l bluetoothuserd

seems to have fixed the issue. The LightBlu app could again see the Mac and my series 4 watch can again do the auto login. Didn't have to re-pair the watch and didn't even restart the mac b4 it started working.

Fixed ! Deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetoothuserd.plist again and then: sudo pkill -l bluetoothd sudo pkill -l bluetoothuserd

seems to have fixed the issue. The LightBlu app could again see the Mac and my series 4 watch can again do the auto login. Didn't have to re-pair the watch and didn't even restart the mac b4 it started working.

Bluetooth nonfunctional after simulator crash.

Q