Spatial Video and/or Photo on Safari

I am a student at Utah Valley University doing a UX Research project involving spatial web browsing on Safari. I am trying to determine if spatial video and photos would be supported on a safari web page while using the AVP.

I am not a developer, so my knowledge of that front is limited, but I am hoping to get any insight into if that feature would be able to be implemented into a web based experience. If so, what formats would need to be used? Is the MV-HEVC format able to be directly embedded? Or is there another format that needs to be explored?

Any insight is appreciated!

I am also looking for this, as it would be delightful to share spatial videos with other AVP users without being forced to go into an app or FaceTime.

It's basically right and left images if you see the Apple code for creating spatial videos - but I don't have enough JS or webXR knowledge to understand how to do it. I'll try to figure this out and send links back to your post.

Ok here it is. however, I think because there's no XMP in the web code I can't quite get mine to work https://developer.apple.com/wwdc24/10065

Oh man I even watched this video and totally missed the part about spatial photos. Yeah so like you said it's left and right images contained within a HEIC file. I'll give this info to our dev and see what we can come up with. Thanks for your reply!

Spatial Video and/or Photo on Safari

Q