How to Use RealityKitContent Package for App Targets Lower Than iOS 18.0

I am trying to display a 3D model in iOS app using RealityView. The same 3D model is displayed successfully in the visionOS app. Everything works perfectly only when I set my project’s minimum deployment target to iOS 18.0.

However, my app’s minimum deployment target is iOS 15.0. When I use the RealityKitContent package to load the 3D model, it fails to compile and gives me the following error:

Compiling for iOS 15.0, but module 'RealityKitContent' has a minimum deployment target of iOS 18.0: /Users/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/RealityViewForiOS-cbfkgimsqngtuegqwvezusvscllf/Index.noindex/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/RealityKitContent.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftmodule

I have made the RealityKitContent package optional and tried importing using the following condition:

#if canImport(RealityKitContent)
import RealityKitContent
#endif

Despite this, it still fails to compile and produces the same error. I have not found a workaround for using the RealityKitContent package with app targets lower than iOS 18.0.

Here is my package definition:

let package = Package(
    name: "RealityKitContent",
    platforms: [
        .visionOS(.v1),
        .macOS(.v15),
        .iOS(.v18)
    ],
    products: [
        .library(
            targets: ["RealityKitContent"]),
    ],
    dependencies: [],
    targets: [
        .target(
            dependencies: []),
    ]
)

Here is the code I am using to load the 3D model with RealityView using the RealityKitContent package:

import SwiftUI
import RealityKit
#if canImport(RealityKitContent)
import RealityKitContent
#endif

struct ContentView: View {
    var body: some View {
        VStack {
            if #available(iOS 18.0, *) {
                RealityView { content in
                    if let scene = try? await Entity(named: "Scene", in: realityKitContentBundle) {
                        content.add(scene)
                    }
                } update: { content in
                    if let scene = content.entities.first {
                        let uniformScale: Float = 3.0
                        scene.transform.scale = [uniformScale, uniformScale, uniformScale]
                    }
                }
            } else {
                // Fallback for earlier versions
            }
        }
    }
}

#Preview {
    ContentView()
}

Any help or guidance on how to use the RealityKitContent package for app targets lower than iOS 18.0 would be greatly appreciated.

How to Use RealityKitContent Package for App Targets Lower Than iOS 18.0

Q