Cause of AVErrorMediaServicesWereReset error?

Hi!

I am getting AVErrorMediaServicesWereReset (-11819) thrown as an error by AVMutableCompositionTrack.insertTimeRange(_:of:at:) when trying to insert part of an AVAssetTrack into my video track (an AVMutableCompositionTrack) in my AVMutableComposition. This is not happening every time I'm making an AVMutableComposition, but it is happening frequently.

I am also getting this error thrown when trying to export using an AVAssetExportSession.

Is there any insight into what can cause this error in these scenarios?

Thanks!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 796914022

Hello @mamphie8,

There are many causes of this error, sometimes it occurs because of an app using an AVFoundation API in an unexpected way, other times it is a system issue. Without a reproducible example, it is quite difficult to make a suggestion other than that you should file a bug report, and include a sysdiagnose noting the time and date that the error occurred.

Best regards,

Greg

Hello @mamphie8,

Whenever you have a consistently reproducible occurrence of AVErrorMediaServicesWereReset, file a bug report using Feedback Assistant, and attach a sample project that reproduces the error.

Feel free to provide the sample project here as well and I will take a look.

Best regards,

Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce the error myself, and I am unable to share code from the project. Are there common reasons why this error can be thrown?

Accepted Answer

Hello @mamphie8,

There are many causes of this error, sometimes it occurs because of an app using an AVFoundation API in an unexpected way, other times it is a system issue. Without a reproducible example, it is quite difficult to make a suggestion other than that you should file a bug report, and include a sysdiagnose noting the time and date that the error occurred.

Best regards,

Greg

Cause of AVErrorMediaServicesWereReset error?

Q