Find My shows gibberish for city/region etc. in eastern europe

When viewing relatives' in Find My back in Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia) their location shows as some nonsense like " , 18" rather than the town, region, or country they're in.

This used to work, but stopped a couple of years ago.

I've opened a couple of Feedback tickets over the last couple of years, but they've seen zero activity and after numerous iOS and macOS updates, there's been no improvement in the behavior, so it's been recommended to me that I point out the question here. Here are the links:

Is anyone else seeing this sort of behavior?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 795688022

Thank you for taking the time to file those reports. Do you see better behavior in iOS 18 beta 3?

Accepted Answer

Thank you for taking the time to file those reports. Do you see better behavior in iOS 18 beta 3?

Hi. Thanks for reaching out. I will see what devices I have available and will try to test.

Unfortunately, I can only update an iPad to iPadOS 18. Will that be ok?

Also, I need to wait for one of my relatives to travel out of the major city in which they live, so it could take some time to confirm.

Certainly take your time to confirm since your scenario requires travel! The ideal test you can run is with the latest iOS 18 beta or released version at that point in time, using whatever device is convenient to you.

Looks resolved in iOS 18 beta 3. Checked on my iOS 17 phone and iOS 18 iPad today at the same time.

Find My shows gibberish for city/region etc. in eastern europe

Q