Confirm Hotspot 2.0 (passpoint R2 and R3) support in iOS device

Hello all, I am working on a project to connect to infra-WIFI via hotspot 2.0 (passpoint in WiFi alliance) from a loyalty app (to load trust anchor and client certificate) into iOS device using EAP-TLS. Apple's documentation only describe generic hotspot 2.0 support (probably R1). The UX for loading certificate is not user friendly compare with Android. I wish to confirm if iOS can support Passpoint R2 / R3 from apple to complete the App UX design. Please advise. Thanks.

I am not doing EAP-AKA like what mobile telco ATT does for cellular offload to infrastructure WiFi for data traffic.

This URL outline what is passpoint well for reference. https://syndicated.wifinowglobal.com/resource/secure-and-seamless-carrier-wi-fi-services-with-passpoint/

Howdy, I am having issues with Passpoint network configuration via the App too.

It appears to be the API documentation and/or the API are outdated relative to the capabilities supported in Apple Configurator Profile Creator tool.

As just one example, using the API, if you set isRoamingEnabled = true, the API requires you to have a NAI realm listed, you cannot just have mccAndMNCs listed.

However in the Apple Configurator Profile creation tool you can make such a config and it loads fine on the phone as a .mobileconfig. The drawback of this approach is that the user must click like 5 or 6 times and gets scary warnings throughout the flow.

Curious if anyone else has figured out how to handle Passpoint configuration via App based APIs and has it working well?

Confirm Hotspot 2.0 (passpoint R2 and R3) support in iOS device

Q