MDM auto-approve NETransparentProxyManager configuration

Hi Team,

We are trying to set MDM with NETransparentProxyManager to auto-approve the proxy, but it did not work.

We have tried the below Apple document for NETransparentProxyManager. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/vpn/transparentproxy. Attached is the config file.

could you please suggest how to configure NETransparentProxyManager via MDM?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 794951022

I’m not exactly an expert on configuration profiles, but I looked through your example and spotted a problem with your VPNSubType setting. The docs reference two bundle identifiers:

• com.example.app.provider for the NE provider.

• com.example.app for the container app.

Your example uses com.company.network-extension for both.

ps If you want to redact bundle IDs, I have a trick for how to do that in Posting a Crash Report. This style of redaction makes it easier to track which ID is which.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I’m not exactly an expert on configuration profiles, but I looked through your example and spotted a problem with your VPNSubType setting. The docs reference two bundle identifiers:

• com.example.app.provider for the NE provider.

• com.example.app for the container app.

Your example uses com.company.network-extension for both.

ps If you want to redact bundle IDs, I have a trick for how to do that in Posting a Crash Report. This style of redaction makes it easier to track which ID is which.

Share and Enjoy

Thanks for the reply.

We have tried the suggestion but are still seeing the error. Attached are the config file (please remove the .txt format after downloading the config) and the screenshot.

While that message isn’t super helpful, my experience is that the configuration profile ingest mechanism is pretty good about logging useful diagnostics when it encounters an error. I recommend that you look in the system log for more info.

For hints and tips on how to use the system log effectively, see Your Friend the System Log.

Share and Enjoy

MDM auto-approve NETransparentProxyManager configuration

Q