Sandbox: bash(5261) deny(1) Issue in Xcode

I'm a complete newbie to building an App, this project is a GUI that interacts with an LLM AI service, it's mostly html, javascript, python. I have something that works in a web browser, and mostly works in Android Studio, but in Xcode there are numerous issues. It's my understanding this is something to do with permissions. I have asked an AI which suggested various things that haven't worked, such as reinstalling Cocoapods, and disabling SIP. Are you smarter than an AI, or at least better informed? If so, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Sandbox: bash(5261) deny(1) file-read-data ........./ios/App/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-App/Pods-App-frameworks.sh

Sandbox: bash(5261) deny(1) file-read-data ........./ios/App/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-App/Pods-App-frameworks.sh

This is a sandbox violation error. Normally you see this when running a Mac app that uses the App Sandbox, as I discuss in Viewing Sandbox Violation Reports. In this case, however, it’s nothing to do with the App Sandbox. Rather, modern versions of Xcode have a build setting, User Script Sandboxing, that forces any Run Script build phase to run in a sandbox. This is cool, for a variety of reasons [1], but it can cause compatibility problems.

Based on the above it’s clear that you’re using CocoaPods. I don’t maintain expertise in that build system, so I don’t have any concrete suggestions here. Except, of course, than you should consult its support resources to see whether they have anything to say about this issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] The big advantage is that it makes it easier to create ‘hygienic’ builds, where building project A can’t affect your ability to build project B. It also puts us on the path towards being able build projects you don’t trust, although that’s quite a long path |-:

Sandbox: bash(5261) deny(1) Issue in Xcode

Q