Extensions and Widget localizations

Hi community:

I'm experiencing an issue in iOS 17 where the Widgets and Extensions use the local device language instead of the app language (preferred languages displayed on the app settings). This issue was reproducible in iOS 16.1, but then was solved. Now it is back on iOS 17 and iOS 17.1

In terms of code, Locale.current in the app returns the language preference selection, even you can use bundle.main.preferredlanguages and get the first one (because there's a repetition from 2 to 3 times the same value)

But in whatever extension, the app's preferred language cannot be got, it always returns the system's preferred language.

@eskimo, Is it a known issue?

Also, Xcode 15.3 shows 0 files localized when you use the strings catalog.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 789993022

Yeah, this issue was reported, and I see it a regression on iOS 17. If you don't mind, please file a feedback report and post your report ID here. I'll make sure that your report is routed to the appropriate team.

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

Yeah, this issue was reported, and I see it a regression on iOS 17. If you don't mind, please file a feedback report and post your report ID here. I'll make sure that your report is routed to the appropriate team.

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

Extensions and Widget localizations

Q