Xcode 15 and "reexported library couldn't be matched with any parent library" warnings

I updated my project (a Swift-based Screen Saver) from Xcode 14 to 15, and while the project works fine, I'm seeing a bunch of warnings during the link phase like this:

ld: warning: reexported library with install name 
'/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis'

found at
 '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis.tbd' 

couldn't be matched with any parent library and will be linked directly

Am I doing something wrong?
Can I safely suppress these warnings?

If you create a new project from the macOS > Screen Saver template, does that generate this same warning?

For context, I just tried that here (Xcode 15.4 on macOS 14.4.1) and I did not see the warning. That suggests that there’s something specific to your project that’s triggering this, and the above test should confirm that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I am getting this error for several Quartz libraries (Xcode 15.4 on macOS 14.4.1), but only when building for x86_64. It happens both for Objective-C and Swift targets. For Objective-C, it helped to replace imports of the Quartz umbrella framework with imports of the particular ones that I need. For Swift, I added -Xfrontend -disable-autolink-framework -Xfrontend Quartz to OTHER_SWIFT_FLAGS. Another app got this error when not even using Quartz, but it helped to disable CLANG_MODULES_AUTOLINK.

Xcode 15 and "reexported library couldn't be matched with any parent library" warnings

Q