Screentime API new issues on iOS 17.4.1 and 17.5.1

Hi, I have a released screentime app ScreenZen. The last few days I've seen a disturbing spike in bug reports coming from people with 17.4.1 and 17.5.1 phones with no update to the app itself. People reported they saw the issue immediately after updating their iOS version. Unfortunately it is not replicable on all phones with those versions, so we haven't been able to replicate it on our test phones.

It appears the issue is the ApplicationToken passed into ShieldActionExtension and ShieldConfigurationExtension does not match any of the ApplicationTokens that the user selected to block through FamilyControls. (The selected ApplicationTokens are being loaded through a group UserDefaults and they are indeed being loaded in the ShieldActionExtension in the bug reports).This is preventing the app from loading the correct settings and handling the blocking accordingly. I am trying to isolate this better with a new release with better logging, but would appreciate any help on this issue.

I am seeing the exact same stuff, it’s very frustrating because it is super hard to debug. But glad to hear I’m not the only one.

I’ve filed a feedback report, hope that helps the screen time team to narrow this down: FB14082790

Screentime API new issues on iOS 17.4.1 and 17.5.1

Q