Read and write permission error in FilterDataProvider Network Extension class

Hi, in my Extension FilterDataProvider class that is inherited from NEFilterDataProvider i am trying to insert logs into my CoreData entity, but when i insert it gives me error "NSCocoaErrorDomain: -513 "reason": Unable to write to file opened Readonly Any suggestions please to update the read write permission i already have tried this way but no luck let description = NSPersistentStoreDescription(url: storeURL) description.shouldInferMappingModelAutomatically = true description.shouldMigrateStoreAutomatically = true description.setOption(false as NSNumber, forKey: NSReadOnlyPersistentStoreOption) ?

I’ve been discussing a similar issue over on this thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I can not read the data i saved in scope of FilterDataProvider network extension outside it.

That is exactly the issue from the other thread: On platforms that supports the split filter control and data providers, it’s impossible [1] to export any information from the data provider.

Share and Enjoy

[1] Modulo bugs, which we’d considered a significant security issue.

One way you could do that (not the most optimal solution) is by saving your log into Codable struct, that could be converted to String JSON, and publishing it in OSLog stream with your specified subsystem. And then retrieve these logs with JSON decoding back into struct from your main target, where you want to add it on the UI, etc.

That won’t work. Filter data providers are not able to log to the system log [1].

Share and Enjoy

[1] When signed for distribution. This limitation is not enforced when the provider is development signed, that is, with the get-task-allow entitlement.

Read and write permission error in FilterDataProvider Network Extension class

Q