Reference image recommendations for best image tracking performance

I am working on a sports training app for VisionOS that requires recognition of fast-moving objects. Currently, I am using ImageTrackingProvider to tag the objects I need. I have noticed that while recognition works well for stationary objects, it does not perform well in tracking moving objects. I assume there are a mix of factors at play:

I am not sure if ARKit is actually built for tracking moving objects, so there could be a refresh rate limit enforced to save battery. My reference image could be suboptimal/too complex to recognize quickly. While I can't do anything about #1, I am curious about recommendations for #2. Are there recommendations for the best size of a reference image, its color (would black and white work better?), and its complexity? Also, since the ARKit Resource Group seems to support JPEG & PNG, is there any specific preference for one over the other? Should I prepare the images in any special way to achieve the best possible performance?

Thanks.

opsie. Should not be approved, malformed :(

Hi Nikita,

this is the expected behavior.

With regard to #2, there is no need to prepare images in a special way. Xcode will display a warning with additional details if a reference image is suboptimal.

Reference image recommendations for best image tracking performance

Q