TN3519: Migrating Sign in with Apple users for an app transfer

Migrate existing Sign in with Apple user identifiers and private email relay addresses by exchanging transfer identifiers from one developer team to another with the user migration info endpoint.

View Technote TN3519 >

Answered by DTS Engineer in 805746022

Hi @danishd, @str-ccoppoletti,

You wrote:

What if I don't have the sub values (unique identifiers) of Apple Sign in users? Is there a way to get them retroactively?

No. It is expected to securely store the user IDs (and email addresses or the full name, if requested) in the Sign in with Apple client or its server infrastructure. The user ID is the primary identifier for Sign in with Apple—as it's static and unique—even if your app only needs the email address (which the user can change after authorizing your client).

Then, you wrote:

Also, if I don't migrate the Apple Sign in users, will the privaterelay emails change for the new team?

Yes, the user ID and private emails are team-scoped. When an app is transferred, each team will have their own unique value for both and cannot be associated across teams.

The user migration flow allows for Team A to provide Team B with the information it needs to successfully migrate the user data to the values it will receive for each user after the app transfer is completed.

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

This technote is helpful. What if I don't have the sub values (unique identifiers) of Apple Sign in users? Is there a way to get them retroactively? Also, if I don't migrate the Apple Sign in users, will the privaterelay emails change for the new team? That's what I use to authenticate and track app progress.

@DTS Engineer I would also like to know if what @danishd said is possible.

Hi @danishd, @str-ccoppoletti,

You wrote:

What if I don't have the sub values (unique identifiers) of Apple Sign in users? Is there a way to get them retroactively?

No. It is expected to securely store the user IDs (and email addresses or the full name, if requested) in the Sign in with Apple client or its server infrastructure. The user ID is the primary identifier for Sign in with Apple—as it's static and unique—even if your app only needs the email address (which the user can change after authorizing your client).

Then, you wrote:

Also, if I don't migrate the Apple Sign in users, will the privaterelay emails change for the new team?

Yes, the user ID and private emails are team-scoped. When an app is transferred, each team will have their own unique value for both and cannot be associated across teams.

The user migration flow allows for Team A to provide Team B with the information it needs to successfully migrate the user data to the values it will receive for each user after the app transfer is completed.

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

TN3519: Migrating Sign in with Apple users for an app transfer

Q