xcodebuild[86000:378785] DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState: DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState_Disabled set via user default (DVTEnableCoreDevice=disabled)

Hello,

The Xcodebuild command fails with error xcodebuild[86000:378785] DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState: DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState_Disabled set via user default (DVTEnableCoreDevice=disabled)

Can anyone help me please?

When I tried to set the parameter -userdefault=DVTEnableCoreDevice=enabled

I was getting many errors like below

DVTExtendedPlatformInfo: Synthesized watchos Extended Platform Info because no plugin existed to provide it or that plugin was not loaded

Object:   <DVTExtendedPlatformInfo>

Method:   +extendedPlatformInfoForPlatformIdentifier:error:

Thread:   <_NSMainThread: 0x6000011b0480>{number = 1, name = main}

Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to XCode 14.3.1 (14E300c). I'm not trying to build for WatchOS nor the simulator so I don't know why this "Extended Platform Info" stuff is even involved.

2023-07-03 09:50:50.698 mlaunch[57625:1559747] Thread Pool Worker DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot7/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTFrameworks/DVTFrameworks-21780/DVTFoundation/DeveloperStructure/DVTExtendedPlatformInfo.m:79
Details:  DVTExtendedPlatformInfo: Synthesized iphonesimulator Extended Platform Info because no plugin existed to provide it or that plugin was not loaded
Object:   <DVTExtendedPlatformInfo>
Method:   +extendedPlatformInfoForPlatformIdentifier:error:
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x600002582e00>{number = 10, name = (null)}

@Chanukyaav I am also getting the same error you got any solution?

I'm facing same issue. I was able to use simulator and run my app for sometime but suddenly out of nowhere i start to get this error. I don't remember what i did maybe an upgrade or restart but i could not load my app and this is the error,

Running Xcode build...
Xcode build done. 1.7s Failed to build iOS app Error output from Xcode build: ↳ 2023-07-23 00:23:52.528 xcodebuild[4258:41824] DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState: DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState_Disabled set via user default (DVTEnableCoreDevice=disabled) xcodebuild: error: Unable to find a destination matching the provided destination specifier:

Any help would be really appreciated.

Note: I can run the app in chrome(localhost) without any issues. The issue is with simulator and finding the device.

Thanks.

To keep this note here.

I found what helped me with xcodebuild. Just called the sample command before run xcodebuild.

Found solution here:

https://twitter.com/DonnyWals/status/1692508366109630888

If you've been struggling to get Xcode 14.3 to run apps on your iOS 17 devices try running the following command in terminal and then relaunch Xcode: defaults write com.apple.dt.Xcode DVTEnableCoreDevice enabled

Source: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/730947

xcodebuild[86000:378785] DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState: DVTCoreDeviceEnabledState_Disabled set via user default (DVTEnableCoreDevice=disabled)

Q