"Unable to locate a valid DDI for the iOS platform" when pairing iPad with Xcode 15

I have Xcode 15.0 beta (15A5160n) and the iOS 17.0 beta (21A5248u) simulator installed on macOS 13.4 (22F66). I have iPadOS 17.0 (21A5248v) installed on my 8th generation iPad, and developer mode is enabled. Whenever I connect via USB and attempt to pair in the Xcode Devices and Simulator window, I get the error "Unable to locate a valid DDI for the iOS platform."

I've tried unpairing and repairing multiple times. I've rebooted the iPad and my Mac. Nothing works.

Apparently, 21A5248v > 21A5248u. Just a mistake between u and v? BTW, I can not to pair my iPhone with Xcode for this sake either.

I've discovered that this is a bug in Xcode 15 that doesn't correctly handle a symlink from ~/Library/Developer to /Users/Shared/Developer

The symlink was never a problem in Xcode 14 and earlier.

FB12363725

This remains true as per Xcode 15.1 The folder "~/Library/Developer" needs to be a real folder, not a symlink to somewhere else.

This issue is still valid in Xcode 15.3, did anyone find a solution? @jeffjohnson your link shows "Feedback not found" for me...

If you use symlink for whole ~/Library/Developer, then make it a real directory, but with symlinks for individual subdirectories (~/Library/Developer/CoreDevice, CoreSimulator, RemotePairing, Shared, XCPGDevices, XCTestDevices, Xcode), keeping only ~/Library/Developer/DeveloperDiskImages as a real directory (without a symlink).

"Unable to locate a valid DDI for the iOS platform" when pairing iPad with Xcode 15

Q