ApplicationMusicPlayer macOS vs. Catalyst

ApplicationMusicPlayer is available on the Mac! 🎉🎉🎉 Enormous thanks to @JoeKun and the team. I've already gotten my app up and running through Catalyst, and I've successfully played music! I also got some timeouts, but that was happening on my phone a lot that day too, so maybe my local CDN was just having a bad day.

I wanted to ask this question in a lab this week, but the timing didn't work out: Do you expect the experience to be the same using ApplicationMusicPlayer on a Catalyst vs a macOS target? I'm hoping to reuse much of my iPad app and go the Catalyst route, but I wanted to double check that the new support wasn't just for macOS.

Did you get the ApplicationMusicPlayer work on macOS (native). For me it is not working and I am wondering if it is still not full functional. Beside of this there could be additional steps required which I am not aware of.

Welp. As of Sonoma 14.6.x calling applicationMusicPlayer crashes the Music app. Using systemMusicPlayer was the only choice for my music player until upgrading to Sonoma, and now I must return to it again. So weird…

ApplicationMusicPlayer macOS vs. Catalyst

Q