Xcode 14.3: Restarting after unexpected exit, crash, or test timeout - How to debug?

My tests fail with "Restarting after unexpected exit, crash, or test timeout". This is what I have so far established:

• Does only happen when building with xcodebuild (14.3) but not when building with Xcode (14.3)
  • Tests that are failing are in a .testTarget within a local swift package and part of a test plan together with tests that are in subprojects
  • there are no crashlogs, so likely these tests are not crashing
  • with Xcode 14.2 there are no problems whatsoever (xcodebuild or Xcode)

Any ideas on how to debug this any further?

Best Roddi

I think I found the culprit: Seems like that Xcode 14.3 does just not play nice with the iOS 14 simulators. If I try to test within Xcode but use an iOS 14 simulator it doesn't work as well. Only with even less useful logging information.

I think I found the culprit: Seems like that Xcode 14.3 does just not play nice with the iOS 14 simulators. If I try to test within Xcode but use an iOS 14 simulator it doesn't work as well. Only with even less useful logging information.

I am wondering if you were able to resolve this issue?

Have you found anything that causes these kinds of crashes and how to maybe circumvent them? Seeing this quite heavily again in Xcode 16 beta (so far 1...4)

Xcode 14.3: Restarting after unexpected exit, crash, or test timeout - How to debug?

Q