Xcode Version 14.2 (14C18) is randomly crashing

My Xcode is crashing in every 20 - 30 minutes with no reason. The crashes started after I installed macOS Venture 13.0.1 (22A400). I have been sending crash reports to Apple but no response. I can't do development and losing my saved data. That's the crash reason:

Crashed Thread: 15 Dispatch queue: DVTSourceControlGitXPCClient :: Proxy Completion Queue

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000002d83bffe0 Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x00000002d83bffe0

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 10 Bus error: 10 Terminating Process: exc handler [75986]

Any idea how to take Apple's attention to force them release an urgent patch for this issue? My laptop is Apple M1 Max and all the other developers in my team having the same issue.

same issue

Same issue here as well, but on 12.6.1.

Hi, looks like there have been multiple bug reports filed about this issue. Can’t comment on when a fix will be available, but the Xcode team is aware of this issue.

Same issue here. It's a EXC_BAD_ACCESS error which doesn't make sense (I'm very sure because the same code worked fine in Xcode 14.0 in the past several months and I never observed the crash). BTW, the crash occurred only in simulators (it's not random and can be reproduced consistently) but not on my phone. It seems to be an issue with the iOS image in simulators, not the compiler.

I developed my app in Xcode 14.0 and installed Xcode 14.2 just to prepare for submitting the app. I'm downloading Xcode 14.1 and hope it will work fine.

Same issue for newest device and systems and xcode versions with M2 Mac mini macOS Ventura 13.5(22G74) and XCode Version 14.3.1 (14E300c). Crashed every ten minutes. I have tried resintall xcode and delete DerivedData folder,but nothing changed.

Does anyone else have oddities reported by git status? For example, in terminal...

% cd MY-PROJECT-PATH

% git status

I've been suddenly getting the same error in Xcode 14.3.1 (Intel, Ventura, Mac Mini):

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        14  Dispatch queue: DVTSourceControlGitXPCClient :: Proxy Completion Queue

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000700005d84fe0
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000700005d84fe0

I had some phantom files that wouldn't go away until I did:

% git add -A

(This adds all modified and untracked files in the entire repository to the git staging area. Can be slow and might commit files you don't want committed. Doesn't stage ignored files.)

Then I was able to successfully commit the source changes from within Xcode. Not sure if this will prevent the crash. Will edit post if I still crash.

note to self: if so, check git credentials on this computer.

Xcode Version 14.2 (14C18) is randomly crashing

Q