Controller not working in macOS 12.3

I tried to connect my xbox controller to my MacBook, even though the controller is registered in bluetooth setting, but it doesn't function at all. Have anyone met the same problem and if there's a fix for this problem

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 733299022

Hello!

We appreciate your feedback in the Developer Forums. We believe this issue is already resolved in macOS 12.3.1. If you are still seeing this issue, please submit a feedback report to ensure the issue can be investigated by the relevant engineering teams. You can do so from the Feedback Assistant app or Feedback Assistant website.

Hi all, thanks for your feedback and patience.

Engineering is aware of the issue and is working toward a resolution

My solutions, found partly thru MacRumors, was to Safe Boot, an re-pair. Then boot normally. Viola

iPhone all I had to do was shutdown the iPhone and reboot the iPhone, launch app worked.

Laters...

Tested this on 12.4, still having troubles.

Looks like two games I tested have broken controller support. Both of them are Unity games using the InControl framework. I tried three controllers with each: An Xbox Series X controller, a DualShock 4 controller, and a Stadia Pro controller connected via USB, which appears as a generic controller with vaguely Xinput like features.

Games tested: The World Next Door, Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion.

Unrelated, Barony for macOS seems to require me to double-click for it to register a single left click now. Cool, games get progressively more broken.

Just adding my experience to the list in the hopes this gets addressed. I have tried three different bluetooth controllers (XBOX One, PS5 DualSense, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller) and the issue is the same across all 3. Bluetooth has no problem connecting the controllers to my M1 MacBook Pro, pressing the Home buttons on each controller brings up a game selection bar, and I can use the controller to select games. However, regardless of which game I select, once I am in-game, no controller input works except the Home button to bring the game selection menu back up. No issues prior to the Monterey 12.3 Update.

Hoping this gets addressed soon!

I'm also having this problem. My Nintendo Switch Controller Pro connects over bluetooth, but the buttons don't work in any software.

I am with SP5246-202010 For Nintendo Switch Controller Pro on Monterey 12.4

I tried to connect it through normal boot and safe boot. Both result in connecting..., and then connection rejected.

I also tried to pair some other devices in both boots, it works fine.

So, that means I cant even get my controller to pair up with my Macbook Pro, unlike some of you mentioned above that you could use the controller in a certain game.

I tried to livestream the log through console. I am not a pro in IT but hope it helps. There are two findings. #1 When plugged in via USB cable and press the pairing button on my controller, console shows that the USB port read the signal and immediately disconnect shortly afterwards. #2 When pairing via bluetooth, message "configuring controller, will try again later" will nonstop pop up until Bluetooth stop trying to pair up with the controller.

I didnt submit an official ticket to Apple. If any of your delegate would like to help out please reply to this message AND email me, it will be the same address as my apple ID.

Thanks

I'm having same problem, noticed the ps4 controller is working fine with it but ps5 controller is not. The symbol/icon when i connect my ps5 controller vs my ps4 controller via bluetooth is different. The ps4 controller shows an ps4 controller icon and allows me to connect normally. The ps5 controller shows a normal bluetooth symbol (same as my iphone). When connected a monitor will show a monitor icon next to it, a mouse will have a mouse icon, a speaker shows a speaker etc... Somehow need to change how the mac bluetooth recognizes the controller.

Atari classic controller also doesn't work anymore. MacOS Monterey 12.4, M1

Just adding that I'm having the same issue. I've tried Xbox One, PS4, and a generic controller that I used to use frequently and none have worked. I've tried all of them corded and Bluetooth with no luck. The game I've been trying to get it to work with is Final Fantasy XIV by Square Enix. I've been seeing advertisements for another new OS update, any word if we'll receive a fix before or even with the new update?

Same issue. I have not even been able to use a WIRED xbox 360 controller OR any bluetooth controllers with any of my steam games, as well as any of my other games including emulators.

Updating to Monterey has completely ended all gaming on my computer. Thanks a LOT apple. I will never buy apple again.

PS Dual Sense Controller connects via Bluetooth but doesn't work. Monterey OS 12.3 on MacBook Pro 2021

Tested with the next games:

• Feist
  • Spidersaurs

Just popping by to say that this is fixed in 12.4 (21F79) I had to delete the bluetooth device and read it but its now working fine for me.

Hate to be another “yeah also me as well” in this thread but apple for some reason doesn’t care about us gamers, another blatant sign of discrimination (this is a joke lol, I know some of you are gonna take that seriously, not you tho, ur cool). But yeah anyways it’s weird to say you’re gonna start putting an emphasis on gaming but then somehow completely fumble controller support. You’re better than this apple, I really don’t get why this is such an issue that it’s ran unresolved still to this day, hell by the looks of it it probably isn’t resolved by the time you’re reading this. Really doesn’t seem like A huge issue to fix, but I don’t know nothing bout programming or nothing so idrk. Anyways, I’m trying to connect a switch pro controller to my M1 MacBook Pro on Monterey 12.4 and it says connected but doesn’t work on anything. Something I noticed also was that when connected to my windows desktop the lights at the bottom said player one like it would on switch, but when connected to my MacBook they stay scrolling side to side like it’s not really connected. Also bonus weird stuff, I had a wired controller before this one that worked with itch.io games like Celeste and a short hike but after switching to Bluetooth these two exceptions are not exceptions anymore. Alright thank you for reading this if you’re just some dude who has the same issue, if you’re an apple employee, thank you as well but like not as much, you guy’s obviously haven’t been doing enough to tell whoever you need to in order to get this issue resolved so it has continued to go unresolved. Do you gain something by having no controller support on Mac? Cause you guys act like you gain something by having no controller support on mac.

I am here again, 3 months after my first comment. Same problem on 12.5. First comment made by me on page 1 of the thread.

DualShock 4 connected to Bluetooth to a MacBook Pro 2021 14in. Tested some games on Geforce Now on day 1 and worked fine. On day 2, it stopped working. I tried removing the device and pairing again, it shows it's connected but doesn't work. It's disappointing because I paid a subscription to GFN thinking I could play with the controller.

MacOS Monterey 12.5. Hope this gets solved soon.

Controller not working in macOS 12.3

Q