Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

Hi guys, just updated Xcode to 13.2 via Mac App Store.

I installed the additional components, and my project won't compile anymore : Xcode just tells me "Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule - Resolving Package Graph Failed" when attempting to build. None of the Swift packages used within my app seems to build, because "Package resolution errors must be fixed before building".

Already attempted to clean derived data, reset Swift package caches and update package versions to no avail.

Guess I'll try re-installing Xcode but... does anyone else have the same issue ?

Using an M1 Mac and just updated to Monterey 12.1 if that's relevant.

Thank you !

Answered by DTS Engineer in 698777022

Xcode 13.2.1, released today, addresses this issue:

Resolved an issue where the Mac App Store version of Xcode failed during package resolution with the error Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModulewhen using Swift packages either standalone or as dependencies in an Xcode project or workspace. (86435800) (FB9807887)

This update is available through the Mac App Store, as well as a direct download on the Apple Developer website.

Downloading Xcode from Developer account is wasting of time. It's exactly the same build level as the version from the App Store (13C90). Knowing the speed of fixing bugs with Xcode, better downgrade to the version 13.1

Is it viable to use Microsoft's Visual Studio instead of relying on Xcode?

I have the same issue with Xcode 13.2 from the App Store, on M1 Pro and Intel MBP. Xcode won't show build destinations for Swift packages and won't build them. Can't select any targets inside Swift packages.

Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule

The same Xcode version (13C90) from https://developer.apple.com/download/release/ works fine.

I had weird errors like this when trying out M1… setting up libraries on M1 requires additional details around chip set arch and not following it during installation doesn’t throw any error but its just doesn’t work during build/compile time. As an example, checkout this thread https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65342769/install-node-on-m1-mac

Same here

So, after trying out the releases section version, it now crashes when I attempt to build the project.

I.e., I now have 3 versions of Xcode, same version number, same build number exhibiting the following behaviors:

1. App Store version: SPM does not work

2. Releases downloadable version: Crashes on build

3. RC version: works

🤷‍♂️

Same old same

Same issue here

I'm facing same issues and I have 3 apps that need to be pushed to review before Christmas :(

As a temp solution, i downloaded Xcode 13.1 from here, unarchive it, and use without uninstalling current Xcode version. Now i'm able to build and run projects with SPM. This is kind of workaround until apple will fix current version.

Same issue here. xcode13.2 MacBook Pro 2018 Inter.Wasted precious time all day

Same issue here, Xcode 13.2 on Monterey 12.1, Apple M1

Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule Xcode 13.2 on Monterey 12.1

xcode 13 beta 1: wow this stuff is buggy! Hope they will fix it till the release time.

xcode 13 release: damn this thing is just as buggy! How on earth this could have happen?

xcode 13.1: hope this time they fixed autocompletion and syntax highlight, at least. NOPE

xcode 13.2: spm is totally broken with hundreds of sounds of working hours and terabytes of traffic wasted across the globe.

Hey Apple, could you please make a survey not only regarding "customer satisfaction" but also "developer satisfaction"? Cause mine is close to 0%, and I am not the only one. Hope the results will be shared on wwdc2022 keynote.

Nice update!!! It's totally made my day. Thank you Apple.

Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

Q