“iPhone” is busy: Making the device ready for development

“iPhone”: is busy: Making the device ready for development Xcode will continue when “iPhone” is finished.

iPhone8(iOS14.8.1) Xcode13.0. Unpaired apple watch, it worked.

Same issue with iPhone 7+ on iOS 15.4 and Xcode 13.3.1

Same with me. Xcode 13.3.x and my iPhone 7 plus is running on iOS 15.4.x. Same issue. It;s hopeful I suppose. I even left my phone and Xcode but to no avail.

Same issue here. My iPhone 7 is running on iOS 15.5 and Xcode 13.4.

I just created a bug report (Feedback ID: FB10026560)

Turning on airplane mode on and switching it off solved the problem iPhone 7 with 15.4 version xcode version: 13

Same issue with iPhone 13 pro max on iOS 15.5 and Xcode 13

Same problem iPhone 7(plus) ios 15.5, xcode: 13.4.1. every solution you will find the internet. I've already done that. still not working.
Apple really don't care about us! Making this b******t forum and expect independent dev to help one another instead having a apple representative helping the devs.

I have Xcode 13.4.1 and iPhone 7 (ios 15.5). It was working some days before but suddenly it got the same issue. even I reset my iPhone , Reinstall Xcode , it didn't worked.

Turning off VPN on the iPhone helped me!

Was stuck in the same situation but connecting my watch to its charger made all the difference - the preparing was finished in less than a minute.

Not sure if this works for others, but at least this works for me I do have an apple watch, so I shutdown the apple watch, then it works. So I guess the issue should be somehow Xcode detects other devices. If you don't have an apple watch, maybe can try to make sure no other apple devices can be detected by Xcode. Good Luck.

Isse could be that the developer ist not trusted. Go to Settings > Device Management > Developer App > trust the developer

Check the Xcode Report Navigator (rightmost icon on left side panel - icon looks like a reminder list). It shows project-related issues that can block progress when pushing SW to a dev device. In my case it was a project signing issue because I hadn't yet approved the most recent version of Apple Dev agreement.

It worked for me as I explained below:

Settings/Developer/Clear Trusted Computers, the last thing to do is pair your mac again with your iPhone.

It worked very well for me.

“iPhone” is busy: Making the device ready for development

Q